Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Goodbyes Hurt

So there they were, standing, doing nothing really. They'd go their separate ways. They'd vowed never to meet again. It was a bit of a mutual unspoken decision. They couldn't do anything about it. What could they?

As she stood there in the rain, letting it run through her hair and down the side of her face, she turned to him. He was already looking at her. All the moments they had had together came rushing back, and it sparked between them like lightning. The departure was painful. It was something they didn't want to do.

"So this is it then? We're never going to meet ever?" she said, her voice cracking.

He shook his head. "No, I'm afraid not. I don't like this. I don't want to forget you, forget all the times we had."

She whispered back, "Neither do I, but it's for our good. I love you, I hope you know that."

"I know, and the same goes for you," he took her in his arms, trying hard not to cry.

"Goodbye," she cried into his already wet shirt.

"Goodbye," he kissed her forehead.

They walked away in opposite directions, never looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment