Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What Are We?

"That's it then? That's all we are? Just friends? No wait. We're not even friends. Not after the way you've been these last few days. Do you even remember who I am?" she threw her hands in the air, on the verge of tears.

He just stood there, not knowing what to say, for she was right. He took his glasses off, wiped them a bit and put them back on, but never once did he look her in the eye.

"I mean, after everything we've done. You were the closest thing I had to family. You were the only person there for me, every time. I had no one but you to turn to. It was you who made me feel true happiness once again. I'd forgotten until I met you. Now you've just left me feeling even more empty than I first had."

"I.." was all he could manage to say.

"And you know the worse part? I loved you. I loved you more than any person ever could. I was stupid. I trusted you. And people I trust always break my heart. I hate you. Hate you for making me fall for you with your.. your cheesy lines and your charming smile. But I hate myself more, for being blind. How could I have loved you?" she dropped her head into her hands, letting the tears flow out. The droplets stained the lenses on her spectacles so when she looked back up at him, all she saw was a fuzzy outline. Unable to bear looking at the face of the one who had betrayed her, she turned away.

He got up to console her, but thought better of it when the girl stiffened at the sound of his approaching footsteps. "I'm so sorry.. For everything. I really am," having said that, he opened the door and walked out of her life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment